Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Arrived in London yesterday

Since I'm a knob, I almost didn't arrive in London yesterday. British Airways overbooks (like Southwest) and luckily I received the last seat. I'm a knob because I've experienced this overbooked issue before with Southwest. For example, this past Christmas. But I got on the cramped, stuffy plane and arrived safely.

From the airport I took the "tube" (subway) and ate one of the most delicious chicken pies at the train station, where I people watched for bit.

Didn't do much for the remainder of the day. Got to Yaschica's and slept for a few hours. Later, Yaschica, her husband and I went to a pub for a beer and then to an Indian restaurant for dinner. It was very good.

One word I temporarily need to remove from vocabulary: restroom. After I asked the bartender where the restroom is, he looked confused and in good humor said, "This is a restroom, you can rest in here," as he pointed to the pub chairs. We both laughed. I said, "OK, where's the toilet?"

3 comments:

Katie said...

Go to the tower of London. They also have the crown Jewels there. There is a lot of interesting history there and the guides are really nice! You're not missing the crappy weather here! I bet you it's warmer there than it is here!

Mom (Bev) said...

Hi Brooke, Hope you're doing well! I'm glad you got the toilet thing down! Funny and interesting the things you will learn about total normal stuff! My thoughts are so......with you. As my as I'm worried because Mom's do that. I am equally elated for your Europe adventure. I just know that you are taking in everything you see, taste, learn. My heart is with you always. Have a great time. BE SAFE, MISS YOU, LOVE YOU! Oh by the way Sam called me yesterday to see how I was doing! Sam you're a sweetheart and a Gas to be with!

tara said...

BROOKO, SOOOO CANT BELIEVE YOUR REALLY THERE! I'm glad your still not waiting for a flight at the airport. Love how your first meal was in a train station. So I can't really direct you for sight seeing so I'll direct you for a good time! First thing I want you to do is Grab a hot guy on a mo-ped and ask for a ride. (I see it all the time in the movies) he almost everytime ends up being a prince or something. lol seriously just do it! And asap give me an address where I can send you your journal!!!! You need it! and Im gonna wana read it! So email me soon. BROOKE DOES EUROPE! LOVE IT!