Thursday, September 18, 2008

It ain't all paradise

My afternoons have consisted of chopping word and cleaning the earth off of bricks for a fireplace. The work is fine and even enjoyable. I love chuckin' wood!

I spend outside with Mick who I like very much. He's a good conversationalist.

BUT, the f***ing bees, mosquitoes and flies are everywhere. Constantly I hear the buzzing near my head and it's irritating as hell. It's funny because they don't faze Mick. We'll be talking and he always has one or two mosquitoes on his face and he never wipes them away. And they're always in the same spot - on his forehead above his left eye. It's become amusing and admirable that he can stand it.

I guess the silver lining is my fear of dying from a bee sting is gone since I was stung by a bee and I'm still here!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

BROOKE...whats up...i was at my mom's aunts house when she told me you are in Europe....

im jelous

Katie said...

Dude, I would love to get a picture of you Chucking wood!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Brooke,
I just read all of your blogs and I too am jealous.. it's been a long time since I've seen you. Are you going to be coming back to Indiana after this trip?

Patrick says "my mom's aunt" like we're not all related to which ever aunt it is

Have fun in Europe.. I miss you

Samantha

Mike said...

I agree w/ Katie!!!
Must get a picture of you "chucking" wood or anything for that matter!

Brooke Sylvester said...

hey pat! you should save some cash and take your own backpacking trip through europe during one of your breaks or after college. you could easily spend one month in europe and spend a couple grand or less. there are cheap ways of traveling.

hope school is good and you're well.

Brooke Sylvester said...

hey sam-

i guess pat's a little possessive when it comes to the family. ;)

yes, i'll probably make my way to indiana. i've been a bad cousin and niece for not coming to see you guys.

i am and will continue to have fun in europe! thanks.

miss ya, too.

good luck in school. you should study abroad one semester. it's an experience that you shouldn't miss out on. or maybe after school you can teach english in another country and get paid.