Sunday, September 7, 2008

Intro

First things, first, the name of my blog. I know, it's trite, but of course I waited until the last minute to create this blog so my creative juices aren't as juicy. But it does make me laugh, because my friend Tara and I came up with it the other night and we couldn't stop laughing about it. And it still makes me laugh. So if you have other suggestions let me know.

So I leave for Europe today (Sunday). Why, you may ask? Well, why the hell not? (For a deeper answer see "My Profile" on the bottom right.) As my friend Cory told me back in early spring, when I was contemplating this adventure, he told me: Life is about living, and that's what you're doing. I agreed.

I have to admit, I do feel like a bit of a narcissist writing this blog, but many people in my life are genuinely excited and interested about my trip, and this is an opportunity to share my travel experiences.

And finally, I want to thank all of my family and friends who have been supportive about my trip. Thanks to those that have gone out of their way to see me or contact me with goodwill wishes before I venture off. My apologies to those that I didn't get to see. Oh, yeah, and special thanks to those for hookin' me up because "I need to save my money for Europe." Look forward to returning the favor.

You'll see me soon - I'll see you in December!

Peace and Love,

Brooke

2 comments:

Tina said...

Dear Brooke,

Be safe on your journey. Return home, happy, healthy, and with inner peace.

All is well here.

Have a great trip. Take lots of pictures and keep a journal with all your tickets and stuff in it.

Tina

Brooke Sylvester said...

Thanks Tina! Got the journal and the camera.