Saturday, September 27, 2008

I'm sorry, but we have to break up


And, it's not you, it's me... it's definitely me.

I felt like I was breaking up with Anne and Mick this week. Feelings of sorrow and guilt filled me up. I practiced in my mind how I would break the news that I'm leaving. I know, it's ridiculous! But, it has been such a pleasure getting to know them, that my feelings were a reflection of me not wanting to say goodbye. I don't like permanent goodbyes or goodbyes in general. The notion of not being able to see someone that you genuinely like f****ing sucks! And I feel like I've had one too many goodbyes in the past few years.

So I told them I would be leaving on Sunday (tomorrow) to work at another farm closer to Copenhagen. It's time for me to meet new people and see more of Denmark. My plan is to stay at the new farm for 1-2 weeks and then head to Amsterdam.

Anne and Mick took the news like champs, no tears, no "Please don't leave me, I can't live without you!" They both wished me well and told me I'm welcome to come back anytime.

I will miss Anne and Mick. I'll miss our talks, Anne's fantastic laugh and Mick's music. Oh, and of course I'll miss the delicious apples that they put in everything. They're people who will always have a special place in my heart.

And finally, cheers to them for their environmentalism and efforts to build an ecological community.

No comments: