Friday, September 26, 2008

Copenhagen pics




Panties anyone? For sale in the train station. There's also a shower in the women's and men's restroom.












A big town square with a blues band playing (on the stage) on a Friday afternoon.










Square near Gunna's home with outdoor cafes and restaurants. These tend to be common in Copenhagen. Even when it's 55 degrees Danes still sit outside to eat and drink.











Common architecture and street layout.

















Busy intersection. The building with the green roof on left is a subway entrance. Designated bike and bus lane on right where bikers are.











One of many parks in Copenhagen.













Another park. The water in the back is the sea.













Harbor with restaurants and bars. According to locals, the bars and restaurants on this famous street, Nyan (sp?), are filled with tourists, business people and Swedes. The Danes tend to sit and stand on the edge of the harbor and in the park to the left, which is not in the picture.









My super cool Servas host, Gunna.

8 comments:

Katie said...

Gosh, looking at your pictures makes me want to hop on a plane and get the hell out of here! I'm glad you're posting the photos to share with all of us. I am also Glad to hear you got your absentee ballet already. I didn't think you would forget just wanted to remind you! :) So, I have one question….did you buy one of those HOT pieces of underwear??

Mari said...

I ran across your site this morning, love it! All doom & gloom in the states right now, so I look forward to watching your travels from afar in Utah. Thanks for sharing it!

Brooke Sylvester said...

katie-

actually, i bought a pair for your Copenhagen souvenir!

glad you like to pics.

yeah, so far i'm having a great time.

Brooke Sylvester said...

mari-

what up? glad you like my site and that you posted a comment!

Brooke Sylvester said...

mari-

i got a question, how did you find my blog? i'm interested.

Mike said...

I wouldn't be suprised if Brooke left a few pair of her underwear behind... knowing her it probably is already a tradition of hers!

Brooke Sylvester said...

mike-

yes, i like to leave a little bit of me where ever i go. did you find the pair i left in your office?

Mari said...

Oh I just remembered- so random- I was on my blog, and I hit the next blog button (for the first time ever), and there you were! Weird, huh? I've never again found a good one that way...