Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Brooke got duped

I'm a chump.

See the a**hole dressed as a Roman gladiator? Yeah, those guys are everywhere in Rome. But the first time I saw them was Saturday at the colosseum.

After we walked outside, I saw this guy and found him amusing, so I decided to take a picture of him from afar. But he caught me. He grabbed my hand and with his charm persuaded me to wear a stupid headband and pose for a picture.

Then he insisted Philip take a pic with him.

Then the mother f***er said, "5 Euros." I was surprised. I thought to myself Aren't you a character like at Disney World or something who gets paid to do this? No, he's not.

Philip claimed he knew the guy was gonna ask for money. So I argued why did he let me take a picture with him. He said because I was having too much fun. OK, Phil, that's cool, but not cool that this guy is getting 5 Euros for being a sneaky prick.
_________

I was more mad at myself for falling for this scam. I felt like a country bumpkin in a big city. My game was totally off in Rome. I lost my street wits. I blame it on Philip... I was in la la land with my boyfriend and not thinking clearly.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Next time... Pay Phil the 5 Euros & maybe HE would wear that gladiator outfit for ya!!!

Mike said...

You look like something out of CALIGULA

Brooke Sylvester said...

dude, you trying to sound smart or something? what the hell is Caligula? ;)

actually, phil wore a gladiator outfit in the bedroom....