Saturday, December 6, 2008

Phil and I in Rome














1st pic is of castle. The Tiber River runs through the city and there are beautiful bridges to compliment it.

2nd pic is the line to get into The Vatican (actual church). The line was unreal. I couldn't imagine what it's like in the summer. We went in the morning so we only waited 20 min.

3rd and 4th is Philip and I cheersing at a restaurant.

5th pic is us eating gelatto in front of the famous Trevi fountain.
___________________



We saw everything in about 3-4 days. I mean everything. We trucked our asses all over that city despite the occasional rain.

I think I'm most amazed with The Vatican. Unbelievable. If that church was in my neighborhood, I may have considered becoming Catholic.... OK, maybe not. But seriously, it was breathtaking. And the Sistine Chapel was glorious. You have to go. You have to go. OK, one more time, YOU HAVE TO GO.

Oh, and we ate nice lunches and dinners and drank tastey wine. And of course we did nothing but lay around for a couple of days.

I tell ya, renting an apartment is the way to go. It comes furnished with pots, silverware and plates, so you can cook. It can be real money saver and it's relaxing. I cooked breakfast a few times. And it's nice to be able to store drinks and snacks in the fridge. And in Europe (not sure about US) it's cheaper than a hotel.




















No comments: