Friday, December 5, 2008

Not staying on farm near Venice

I made a boo boo. I totally forgot to register for my Italy WWOOF membership. And I need it in order to wwoof on the farm. The owners told me they would wait for me, but I need my membership card upon arrival, and that may take a couple of weeks to receive via mail. And I'm hopping around so I do not have a permanent address to send to.

You're probably thinking Why not have it mailed to the farm? I asked, but again, they need it upon arrival. I understand because they want to make sure people pay the membership fee (35 dollars). It's a little disappointing because I would have liked to spend Christmas in Italy. But on the bright side, now I get to visit Naples and Sicilly. So next week when I'm done visiting Italy, I will go to my farm in Greece. Luckily the owner has room for me now.

And the farm in Greece will be more quiet and low key. Whereas the farm in Venice is huge and appears to be a bit chaotic. Not only do they make wine, cheese and sausage, they also offer field trips to local schools. So yeah the more I think about it, I'm glad I won't be surrounded by kids. Hey, what can I say? I like quiet.

1 comment:

Katie said...

You mean you don't like kids? Gee, I had no idea? Come to think of it...I should have realized this considering when we went to Disney sophomore year you would growl at the kids there. That should have been an early indication!