Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sunday night with the Germans

OK, so I got "peer pressured" to go out, again, on Sunday night, when all I wanted was to chill and go to bed at a decent hour.

I met these great and absolutely hilarious guys (Torben and Jan) in the hostel's kitchen. They were sitting at the table in front of me and after a while they asked where I was from. An hour or so, and a couple of beers later, they insisted I join them at a pub.

OK, how could I say no? I was tired as all hell, and almost said no thanks. But hey, again, I'm in Spain! OK, so it was more because they were Germans, and I enjoyed hanging out with them. I've only met a handful of Germans while on this trip, but I like them a lot, and I enjoy talking to them. I'm interested in what they have to say about Germany after WWII and the collaspe of the Berlin Wall, and the current state of Germany.

I also enjoy when Europeans talk about the differences of other European countries. The funny thing is I find myself more like the Danes, the Dutch and the Germans.

They made me wish I had gone to Germany. But I don't regret it; it's a future trip. And now I have guys I can stay with in Cologne, Germany.

In pic from left to right is Torben, Jan and me.

No comments: