Thursday, December 4, 2008

Train from Barcelona to Milan


Our train left Barcelona at 8pm and arrived in Milan at 11am. We woke up to views of snow capped mountains.

Then from Milan we took a 4.5 hr train to Rome.









Us eating dinner in the dining car. Wine was delicious. Food was OK, but better than Amtrak.













Phil and Brooke getting drunk in the bar car.












I think this is the "Creepy Brooke" look.

FYI, close family and friends of mine say when I drink "Creepy Brooke" comes out. Meaning, I get a little freaky. OK, that's all I'm gonna say.









Our room.

Behind the chairs, two bunk beds pull out. To left (not in pic) is a small closet and sink.

It may look extremely small, but it's comfy.

I like taking overnight trains. I've done it twice to DC. Spending 10-12 hours on a train may sound like hell to some, but I really enjoy. It's relaxing and romantic.

We could have spent .25 less money to fly, but it's just not the same.

I highly recommend taking an overnight train whether it's in Europe or in the US.

5 comments:

Mike said...

Creepy Brooke... Normal Brooke... is there really any difference???

I THINK NOT!!!

On to the next blog now!!!

Brooke Sylvester said...

no, you're probably right - not much of a difference! you gotta ask my brother billy....

Unknown said...

oh there is a difference...as i shiver thinking of it.

Brooke Sylvester said...

ha, ha. dude, like you should talk! i've seen creep bill in action... now that's creepy. should i remind you of my friend at my going away party at quigley's?

Mags said...

The look is a little part creepy, part my "come fuck me look" - don't worry u'll get it down pat for our next round of insane photos. I'll teach u the stare when I see u next.

BTW I haven't posted the video yet...but everyone who has seen it has laughed there ass off.