Saturday, November 8, 2008

Damn Couch Surfing Hosts!


They´re the cause of my recent excess in drinking. Jesus.

Don´t get me wrong, I´ve been having a great time, but all my hosts (but 2) want to take me out to whoop it up. Yes, I´m grateful but the partying is wearing me the hell out.

After Leo and his friend Alex picked me up at train station, Leo asked if I was ready to experience the Spanish night life. I thought Ah sheeeeit, we´re gonna be out all night.

And that we were, until 6:30 am that is. Another reason why I´m diggin´Spain: many bars and clubs are open until 4 am, all night and/or into the wee hours of the morning like 6 am and 10 am. I´ve been told some places are open until 2 or 3 pm the next day.

Yesterday, I felt like crap, having a cold and not getting enough sleep, so I wasn´t excited to go out. All I wanted to do was eat dinner and sleep.

But the thing is you have to get over being tired. I told myself to suck it up - I´m in Spain!

So I did. And I had blast. Today I feel good. It must be from all the vitamin B in the beer....

We started at a lovely tapas restaurant and then headed to a bar for a Malaga Couch Surfers Meetup. For the night a group of 10 - 15 very cool people whooped it up Spanish style.
________

In pic above are three Americans who are temporarily teaching English and living in Spain.


Leo and Alex













Alma, Kurro and I. Alma is Finnish and has lived in Spain for the past 2 years. I talked to her for most of the night. I liked her a lot. Kurro is Spanish and is the moderator for Couch Surfers Malaga, which means one of his responsibilities is to organize meetups. He was really cool, too.

No comments: