Thursday, November 6, 2008

Spain, it´s where it´s at

I arrived in Seville, Spain last night. I was planning on staying longer in France and visiting Aix-en-Provence and Perpignan, but the weather was crap, so I headed south. And I was tired of France. It´s expensive and the people are only OK (my hosts and their friends excluded). I´m not trying to rip on ém, but it just ain´t my style, I guess. I like countries, cities, etc, where the people are down to earth and friendly. The people I came across were a little stuffy and not overly friendly.

One reason I loved Denmark and The Netherlands, and now Spain is because the people are really nice and friendly.

So at this time I have no desire to visit France again, unless it´s with my foodie pal, David.

Now I´m in Spain and I´m loving it. I wish I would´ve came sooner.

I´m Couch Surfing at Bruno´s. He´s cool and so are his friends.

2 comments:

Mari said...

Yeah, they can be kind of cranky unless you try to speak French. But if you try, sometimes they'll fess up and speak English!

Brooke Sylvester said...

i probably sounded too harsh... i didn´t have any bad experiences of people being rude, they´re just not overly friendly.