Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I miss Chicago

I haven't been homesick during my trip. Seriously, not at all. I didn't want to come back! I wasn't sure if I was going to - especially if McCain got elected.

I'm not sure why I'm a little homesick. It could be from overdosing on clubs. But I think it's partly due to Obama getting elected. But mostly due to having two of my Chicago friends here. They're making me miss my family and friends, and Chicago.

We were trying to convince Rolando (Maggie's Spanish boyfriend) to come visit us in Chicago. So he asked what is so cool about it. Of course we said the food, music, festivals, the lake, etc. And most notably its people.

Chicagoans are just good people. Yes we have our share of mother f***ers (it's still the word of the week!), but unfortunately they're everywhere. But overwhelmingly, I think Chicagoans are some of the best people in America. (Milwaukeeans and New Orleaners are included, too.) We're real, down-to-earth and nice people. Anyone I've ever met who has visited Chicago says the same.

Oh, and according to Rolando, us Chicago girls know how to drink beer!

See you in Chicago Rolando!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If they like girls that drink beer take them to Midlo!

Brooke Sylvester said...

ha, ha, too funny! got that right.

Mike said...

The city of Chicago, and espically this MASTER HUGGER (sorry... couldn't resist), who lives in the GREATEST FUCKING CITY IN THE WORLD...

Misses you terribly!
And he can't wait for you to come home safely!

xo

There.. Your one and only nice post! Glad I got that out of my system