Monday, November 3, 2008

Montpellier Pics

I think Montpellier is one of my favorite cities I've visited thus far in Europe. I love the elegant architecture, narrow and cobbled streets, and the parks. And it's 15 min or less from the Mediterranean Sea, but I haven't visited it yet because the weather has been dreary.

It's considered a college town, but there's a mix of all ages. And there is an immigrant population from North Africa, the Middle East and Italy which is evident due to the kebab and pizza joints.

I had many Parisians tell me not to visit Montpellier. But I took their opinions, like I do many, with a grain of salt, because they couldn't give reasons why not to go.

I can't explain it, but I just like the vibe here. And I think I like it because it's not posh, like Paris.
































The Romans were the first to create a modern sanitation system for water. I find it fascinating.


No comments: