Monday, November 24, 2008

Friday Night - Last Night with My Girls


After the beach we headed to a tapas bar where after one last drink I headed home for a nappy. I woke up around 10:30 pm where Mags was passed out on the couch wearing a towel. I woke her because she looked dead.

Mags told me Nicole arrived at the tapas bar shortly after I left and was a little peeved because she thought we were done for the night. Well think again! Brooke and Mags don't dissapoint.

DING! DING! ROUND TWO!

I wanted to stay home, but I put on my big girl pants and got ready. Hey, this is my last night in Europe with my girls!

So Brooke and Mags got ready, and left at 1:30 am to meet Nicole and Aida to celebrate our last night together in Europe together. FYI, while Mags and I napped, Nicole hung out with Aida, the Bosnian woman I picked up at the beach.


Friday night in Barcelona was kick a**. We didn't go to one bar the entire evening. We drank on the streets, like everyone else. Hopping around from one square to the next and meeting all kinds of people.

See the six pack Nicole is holding? Well, men sell beer out of the cans for 1 Euro. And the best part, we never had to wait; they were everywhere.

Maggie invited some girls she met that day. A few girls from Alabama. They were nice, but not really our types, well except for Mags. We were the party! I think they were a little scared of us because we're all a little crazy!

And they were McCain girls. Everytime we met guys they asked where we were from and when we said Chicago they would yell, "Obama!" So we ended up chanting, "Obama!" a couple of times with random strangers. And those girls didn't like it too much. They would ask, "What about McCain." Come on girlfriends, get with the program! He's old news!


At 5 am we left the streets and headed home. I insisted Aida come with us, and she did. We picked up some beer and talked and laughed until 6:30 am. Then Aida and Nicole went to bed. Mags and I stayed up until 8 am to watch the sun rise.

It was such a fun night. It really can't get any better.
_______

So more on Aida. She is super cool. Nicole and I both have a crush on her. She lived in San Fran for years so her English is perfect. Nicole and I both agreed, it felt like we were hanging with an old friend. Nicole and I already miss her!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

It was an amazing night..
I miss Aida already!!

Brooke Sylvester said...

no kidding! it was fantastic. if i had to rate, one of my favorite nights in Europe!

have fun in italy until we meet. be safe! and remember, be ready to beat some mugger butt!

Nicole said...

Oh I am on the lookout for muggers.
Just arrive in Flo and have my guard up verrry high. Some shady looking people

Unknown said...

you guys I miss you too!!!! Thank you thank you thank you. Can I say I just got chills. You guys are true sistas and can i add party like rock stars. You made my welcome in Barcelona memorable 4 life. I will keep reading your blog-it cracks me up!!! You guys are amazing !!!!!kisses!!!!!

Mags said...

Yeah staying up till 8am - now there's a story or two...

Can't wait to post the video, I swear everytime I watch it I almost pee in my pants!

Great night - amazing day and night I should say. Nothing better than meeting great people and enjoying each others company.

The only thing I could have done without was peeing in some nasty smelly alley!! U know I'm a princess after all.