Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hey Bartender, where ya going?

You want to know what's going on after closing time, ask the bartender. They always know what's up.

Monday night was supposed to be low key.... We left the hotel at 11:30 pm and Rolando took us to a tapas bar. We munched on cheese, ham and olives, and drank beer. Well next thing we know it's 2 am and the bar is closing. But we were having such a good time talking and laughing that we still wanted to stay out.

So I asked the bartender for a place to go and she shouts, "Flamenco! We go to flamenco bar!" So she took our group and 3 other Spaniards to this flamenco bar 5 minutes away. (In pic is group.)

It was a great place. No dancers were present, but the music and decor were authentic and therefore fantastic. And the 3 people we met were very nice and fun.

After this place closed at 4 am we headed to a club, but I said, "Bye, bye" after one drink because I was done. I just couldn't stay out anymore.


Nicole and her Spanish boyfriend Antonio.














Mags and her Spanish boyfriend Rolando (OK, .5 Spanish, .5 English). OK, so his real name is Roland, but I thought his name was Rolando so I've been calling him that for the past couple of days. It was just brought to my attention yesterday that it's Roland. But I told him it's too late he's Rolando! I love that name.

We've been hanging and laughing with him for the past couple of days. We all really like him a lot. The jokes, sarcasm, frank conversations, and laughter was nonstop. And he's been such a gentlemen to treat us to dinner and drinks, and lunch the next day. He's quite a gem.

No comments: