Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Nicole and I got pooped on, but was it an attempted mugging?

Today Nicole and I walked around Madrid today for 4 hours. (Mags left us after a .5 because she wasn't feeling well.) We walked through one of Madrid's park and decided to sit on the bench for a bit. After a short while we felt something wet fall on us. I felt it on the top of my head and Nicole felt it on her back.

We both looked at each other and noticed grey poop on our backs and in our hair. We both started screaming and laughing. OK, so I was laughing more as Nicole was screaming and gagging.
_____________

Prior to this incident, a Spanish chick comes over to us and asked us something in Spanish. I told her, "No Espanol." Then she walked away, in front of us, looking around.

Nicole said she saw her friend when she talked to me. I did not.

Then after a few minutes the poo hits us and as we stand up freaking out, I notice the friend standing about 10 feet behind Nicole and the Spanish girl about 10-15 ft in front of us. They both come over with tissue to help wipe off the s**t. Still, I'm laughing so hard I'm almost crying and Nicole is going back and forth trying to wipe the shit off her jacket and almost puking a few times. At the same time, one girl is wiping my back and the other girl is wiping Nicole's jacket.

During all of this chaos I'm thinking these girls are just being helpful. And not to sound naive, but they looked normal; they weren't gypsies or homeless. But, I'm cautious of my purse which is wrapped around my shoulder diagonally, which was half opened. I opened it to make sure all of my stuff was in there, and it was.

Then one girl goes into my backpack which was on the bench and takes out the bottle of water and tries to open it to poor on a napkin. I told her no. Still, at this time it did not occur to me that this was a setup.

Then I tell them gracias several times and with a hand gestures try to tell them thanks and goodbye.

At this point Nicole and I are still overwhelmed with getting shit on that it didn't hit us that these girls may have tried to mug us, that this whole event was a setup. Then I remembered my purse being opened, and asked Nicole if that was a setup. Then Nicole tells me one girl opened her bag that was on the bench, but Nicole took it and checked to make sure nothing was stolen, and nothing was. Then I told her my experience. And then we both thought that maybe this was a setup. We've gone through the event many, many times and still can't come up with a conclusion.

Those girls had many chances to steal our things out of our purses and didn't. The oddest thing was the shit was grey, not white, but it still fell on top of my head. Did those girls make some homemade poo? It just seems too fishy, too many coincidences. Or it could be that we're suspicious considering our experience the other night. I dunno.

But after this, Nicole and I agreed: we need to get the hell out of Madrid! Jesus.

4 comments:

Mari said...

Kinda makes you miss Scandinavia, huh? When I've been pooped on by birds, it has always smelled reeeallllly bad. Like rotten fish bad. Don't ask.

courtneyj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
courtneyj said...

They were trying to mug you, still have your passport? Read article...
http://www.foreignstudy.com/SAFETY%20IN%20SPAIN.pdf

They are lucky, you should have beat their *sses too. B*TCHES!

Stay safe!

Brooke Sylvester said...

thanks dubs.

yeah, i still have everyting.