Monday, November 24, 2008

Friday at the beach in Barcelona

We all went to the beach. Nicole stayed for an hour and headed to sightsee. Maggie and I picked up a 6 pack and chilled on the beach... and then some.

The two guys in bottom pic played Spanish music on their guitars the entire time we were there. They invited us over, but I declined because there was an Italian wearing a doo-rag making girating moves with his pelvis as he waved us over. No thanks. I didn't feel like dealing with some dude trying to hit on us hard core. (FYI, Italians can be very aggressive.)

But after 2 more drinks I said f*** it we'll join 'em. And it was great. Could it get any better?!

It was too bad Nicole had left because this would have been right up her alley.

In their group included one woman, two Italians, two Spanish guys, and one Dutch dude. Then there was Mags and I, and Aida, a Bosnian woman who I insisted come join us. She was sitting at a nearby chair watching us and I waved her over. She refused, but after 3 attempts she finally came. She is right of Maggie in the pic.












When we first came to the beach the two guitarists played around the beach. We joined them and we all sat in a circle as they played and sang.


No comments: