Saturday, November 8, 2008

Porto! Porto!


Wednesday I arrived at Bruno´s place in Seville, Spain. He´s another Couch Surfing host.

Him and his friend Alfredo (in pic below) picked me up at the train station and headed back to his place for dinner, beers and futbol.

We watched his home team of Porto, Portugal play against, well, I can´t remember. Anyways, in order for Alfredo and I to get a beer we had to chant "Porto! Porto!".

And when they scored we had to stand up, hug and shout "Porto! Porto!".

These two guys were very huggy, not just with me, but with each other. I´ve noticed French and Spanish men are more affectionate towards each other than American men. For example, French men give one kiss on each cheek. I´ve seen Spanish men do it, too.


Alfredo is Mexican. He lived in France for 2 years and is now living in Spain. His English is poor and I don´t speak Spanish so we would try to communicate, but ended up just laughing a lot because we couldn´t communicate.

Their friend Marco came by during the game, but he´s not in any pics.

After the game we went to a couple of bars and headed home.







A little spread of cured meat, cheese, bread, and Spanish beer, Cruzcampo.








This meat and cheese was out of this world. So good.

The proper way to eat it according to Bruno is to take a piece of bread, slather some butter on it, and then add a piece of meat and cheese. It´s good, but I don´t need the butter.

And he served some sauteed jalepano peppers and frozen pizza.

No comments: