Wednesday, November 19, 2008

We are Champs

Yesterday, Nicole and I vowed we weren't going out drinking. But she broke her vow.

We all laid in bed yesterday afternoon and evening. Just chillin'. Then at 10 pm Nicole and Mags went to get something to eat. I decided to stay home. I wasn't feeling too hot yesterday and I was just plain tired.

Two hours later they still weren't home. They came home at 2:30 am drunk on Sangaria. Bad, bad girls!

It probably sounds like we're partying too much, but seriously, it's Madrid. I can't explain it. The nightlife is so happening into the early morning. It's so great that you can't resist.

The difference between Spaniards and Americans is that they don't drink fast like Americans. Or maybe as much as Americans. I've noticed this and have been told this by Spaniards. When I was hanging out with my hosts in Mijas and Malaga we would stay out until the early morning, but not always drink a lot.

When you're out late say at 5 am, people aren't f***ing s**t faced like they are in the States. This isn't to say there aren't drunk people, it's just more controlled, I suppose.

Back home, if you're going to a 4 am or 5 am bar it's because your wasted. Seriously, would anyone in their right mind go to Brewbakers or Grouchers sober or only buzzed?! Wuf.

So point of my entry is that while in Madrid enjoy the party! You'd be a fool not to.

No comments: