Saturday, November 22, 2008

Madrid Madness is Over

Our last night in Madrid was Wednesday and it was a blast like everyday. We're all having so much fun it hurts.

We decided to "hang low" by going to a jazz bar that Rolando recommended. It was cool.

The Spanish jazz band was good and after their set the club played funk. It was refreshing to hear other music. Seriously, if I hear Kid Rock's All Summer Long I´m gonna fly home to America to punch him in the face! He's got to be one of the biggest tools. Oh, and to any of my readers who like that song, stop reading my blog... I can't be associated with you. ;)

My overall opinion on Madrid is it's just a party. I can't get over how f***ing great it was. There's really nothing else to do there. I don't think I would recommend it to people who aren't foodies or drinkers. Dunno, I think if you don't experience the nightlife, you not experiencing Madrid. F*** the museums! Go to Italy or France for that.

Madrid isn't that beautiful of a city. I was actually a little disappointed. Of all the European cities I've been to it's the least impressive in regards to asthetics.

And these mother f***ers are dirty. People throw trash on the street and in restaurants. I'm not joking. It's common to throw used napkins and cigarettes on the floor in authentic tapas bars. You won't see this in more contempary or touristy joints.

But with all the griddiness, I still dig it. And our time in Madrid was just plain craziness! But all of it good, even the half-assed muggings.

No comments: