Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Arrived in Toulouse, France on Monday


My Couch Surfing host, Nathalie, and her doggy, Ugane met me at the train station yesterday. We dropped my bag off and walked around town.
Upon arriving at her home, she gave me this lovely gift of violet candies. She told me Toulouse is famous for its violets.

She's very nice and such a wonderful host. (I know, all of my hosts are great! I love everyone!)
Seriously, again, I have the utmost pleasure of staying with such a gracious host.
































A canal.






This is the view we had during our

lunch at an outdoor cafe.
The thing in the middle is a water fountain. There are many in Toulouse.
See the metal rails on the windows? This is so French. Even if there isn't a balcony, a rail may still be attached. I love it.








A very narrow street. I saw a handful of these yesterday.


















A residential building.
Toulouse is the 4th largest city in France. It's known as the pink city due do its colorful, often rose colored buildings. Because of this, it is considered to be much different than other French towns.
















Fountain in city park.
















City park.
















Another park








1 comment:

Mari said...

Those candied violets are beautiful!