Friday, October 17, 2008

Play the Game

Oh, the people I meet.

Yesterday during the day, I was sitting at this lovely coffee shop, enjoying my delicious coffee, looking out the window daydreaming, taking in the moment, and then he came: my relationship therapist.

I moved my bag off my chair and asked if he wanted to sit next to me. He thanked me, and took the adjacent chair.

This old man of 75, looked like he was 55 or 60. He's .5 Indian and .5 Brazilian. Grew up in Brazil and as an adult lived in the US for 5 years and has spent the past 35 years in The Netherlands.

He asked where I was from. I told him. And he told me I need to live in The Netherlands. They got it going on. They take care of its people - the US doesn't. I'd have to agree with him.

He was a very nice man. Charming, sincere, honest, and real.

Then the relationship advice came. He looked at me and said, "You need to find a young man, not an old man, ah, forget about them. A young man who you can drive crazy with your" as he points to my, um... vagina "young men are trainable, they'll fall in love with you and do what ever you want because you're beautiful and smart. Seriously, you have to play the game. Get a Dutch man to fall in love with you so you can live here. Lay on your back and make him happy, get him to fall in love with you." I laughed. And he said, "No seriously, look at those guys over there (sitting across the bar) they keep staring at you, they want you, you can have them. Make them fall in love with you!" And again, he points to my "love box."

You may be reading this and be thinking This guy is a total whack job! Brooke, run away!

But I didn't think he was. I found him funny and interesting. And I enjoyed his blunt love advice.

So I guess I gotta go "Play the Game." Any takers?

2 comments:

Mike said...

Ya know........

NEVER MIND!!!

Too many easy ones here!!!

Too little space!!!

Consider this your VERY EARLY CHRISTMAS GIFT!!!

Brooke Sylvester said...

ha, ha! what no advice?

crazy ain't it? isn't first time i've received quality advice.