Saturday, October 25, 2008

First and Last Dinner in Paris


Yum, yum, and yum!

My last night in Paris I had the opportunity to join the two Mexican American women I met in Bruges for dinner, but they were going to a Latin restaurant. I declined. I'm sorry, I'm in France; therefore I'm not eating Latin cuisine. That would be a sin.

So I walked around the Latin District. It's called this because they used to speak Latin in the schools.

Outside the Latin District, I ate at this outdoor cafe and ate a delicious French meal of paté (in pic) with sauteed onions on bread, chicken with frites (fries) and chocolate mousse.

I knew I was ordering paté and chocolate mousse, but had no idea when it came to my entree. I read filet and frites and thought it was steak and fries, but it turned out to be chicken. Which was just as good.

If you like to eat and try different foods then it can be fun and exciting to order off a foreign menu. I could have pulled out my french dictionary, but that would have been too much work.


This mousse was out of this world. The coffee was excellent, too.

No comments: