Thursday, October 23, 2008

Where's my Frenchman?


I feel cheated. I was expecting a wine drinking, smoking Frenchy with a beret. (OK, the beret is an exaggeration.) Instead I got a Brazilian trapped inside a Frenchman's body who: 1) wears an Iron Maiden t-shirt 2) listens to Metallica 3) doesn't drink red wine and 4) doesn't smoke.

Don't get me wrong, my Couch Surfing host Ritch is great. He's fun, open-minded, and has been a perfect gentleman (as have all of my male hosts). But he's all about Brazil. He's been there several times. He has an apartment there for when he retires. And he has like 100 Brazilian friends. Instead of wine, he drinks tropical drinks with vodka.

I know it sounds silly and stupid for me to have expected a stereotypical Frenchman, but I did!

But hey, he cooked up some crepes - that's French!

No comments: