Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Meatloaf Time

Dieter and I were talking about what Americans and Belgians eat for dinner. I told him, I think meatloaf is or was a pretty common dish, at least for white people. Seriously, who didn't grow up on meatloaf? (Lynn, I know you're thinking White trash!, but girlfriend, you never had my meatloaf!)

So Dieter asked if I would make it for him. So I did. In addition, I made roasted potatoes and sauteed green beans, served with a red wine.





This is Dieter preparing his lesson for today's class. He's a geography teacher for 12 to 16-year-olds. His girlfriend is an elementary teacher.
Behind him is a wall sized map of the US and the light he used to imitate a strobe light.
____________
Sunday, day, I biked around Bruges. Enjoyed some delicious Belgian beers at a couple of outdoor cafes, and met two Mexican Americans from California who I hung out with for an hour or so.

No comments: