Thursday, October 30, 2008

Last Day in Toulouse

I decided to spend a third day in Toulouse. Yesterday, I left Nathalie's and went to a new Couch Surfing host. But I needed to waste time before he got home from work, so I bummed around town.

After walking around a bit, drinking a coffee and eating a chocolate eclair, I went to the movies to watch Oliver Stone's "W" because I needed to do something that didn't involve walking. I did something to my foot and it really hurts, and I'm not sure what the problem is. Ugh....

So I sat through the movie being the only person who laughed out loud. I try not to laugh too hard, but I couldn't help it. I think a few people were laughing at me. If I was in an American movie theater, I'm sure people would have been laughing. I think since the audience were French, it was probably easy for them to miss jokes because their English may be only fair.

I didn't really know much about the movie prior to watching it. The movie ads are everywhere in France. It was a pretty good movie. Josh Brolin's role as Bush is really good - as are the rest of the characters. Though at many times I was cringing because Bush is such a f***ing idiot, which was obviously Stone's intention, to portray him as the dope that he is. And if I heard W call his father Poppy (sp?) one more time I was gonna puke.

So if you like political movies go see it. Even if you're not a political junkie, it's still a good movie to see.

1 comment:

Technoman 2 said...

You should have got the train around Toulouse, you can watch films about George W any time if you really need to.

See http://hubpages.com/hub/toulouse_city