Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sunday in St. Emilion, France



For lunch on Sunday, David made mussels with pieces of ham, onion, white wine, herbs, garlic, and a touch of cream. It was so good.

We ate lunch and drank wine on his balcony with his roommate and girlfriend. The weather was warm and sunny. It was so relaxing. So nice.

Then I took a little nappy. And then I took a .5 hr train ride to St. Emilion, a little medieval village. All the pics are from there.


When I got off the train I had no idea where I was going. I saw, what looked like a small tour bus, so I followed its way. I had to walk up a steep street, that eventually turned into a wonderland of chateaus, farm houses and vineyards. I tried going to a chateau to try some wine, but it was closed. So I continued walking on a street with views of countryside and vineyards. It was breathtaking.

Fifteen minutes later, I arrived to the little village (600 residents). I was overwhelmed with its medieval architecture and beauty.

This is what you see when you walk to the town. You're looking down from a hilltop. It's like the village is in a valley.











The streets are cobbled, curvy and hilly.



A restaurant on top of the hill. Below is outdoor seating and a little pond.














A chateau. FYI, a chateau can be a mansion, fortress or vineyard estate. This pic is of a vineyard estate.

No comments: