Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's all about the parks

Paris has beautifully manicured parks with fountains and statues (many nymphs). So many trees! It's even more beautiful with the changing of the leaves.

So my first day in Paris, yesterday, I walked around for a couple of hours. Then I sat in a park for two hours drinking wine and snacking on cheese, baguette and grapes. This is what Parisians do.

(Barski, hope you like the shot glass - it's your gift!)

I intended on visiting the Louvre museum, but it was such a gorgeous day that I just had to sit outside.

For October, the parks were filled with people. I couldn't imagine visiting Paris in its busy season.

A half of bottle wine later, I walked to the Eiffel Tower. And of course I did not wait in the Disney World like line to go to the top, to be scared shitless. No, I sat on a bench and watched two dudes break dance to Tupac and Michael Jackson.

The park I sat in.
















No comments: